Follow these basic Smartphone safety tips to improve your experience:
√ To help prevent accidents:
• Do not use the phone at the wheel without handsfree, and use this only
• Turn off the phone or silence these when you are driving.
• When walking pay attention to your surroundings.
√ To relieve muscle tension in the neck:
• Avoid holding the phone between the face and shoulder.
• Use a headset microphone and auxiliary to avoid awkward postures.
• Put the phone up to your chest to get the neck in line with
√ To relieve muscle tension of the fingers:
• Alternate between thumbs and other fingers to type.
• Keep wrists straight and relaxed to hold and use the device.
√ To relieve stress at the hearing:
• Adjust the brightness and size of fonts.
√ Take breaks between 2 and 3 minutes every 15 minutes and enjoy your
free time silencing your mobile device.
SUMMARY OF HEALTHY LAPTOP AND COMPUTER ERGONOMICS
by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration:
• Modifications to Existing Furniture
• Attention to Ergonomics
• Frequent Movement
• Frequent Breaks
• Varied Seating
• Body Posture
Leads to a healthy laptop work place, classroom or home healthy habits
7 COMPONENTS TO HEALTHY COMPUTING
• Work Style
• Vision Care
• Somatic Awareness
• Stress Management